The one-week workshop
will incorporated students’ prior skills and interests with possible topics to include
- Can computers think?
- What is the simplest possible computer?
- Counting: from zero to one and back again
- Representing your intentions so that a computer can act on them
- Thinking computationally
- Graphics programming
- Website design
- Website development
- Programming for the Web
- Developing websites for mobile devices
will interacted through whole-group discussions, hands-on activities, and small group exercises. Using their own portable computers, students will learned how to configure their computers for programming and web development and will leave left the workshop with all the tools needed to continue working on their own.
The cost of the workshop
is was $350 per student. Dates are still to be decided. Possible weeks include
- June 21 – 25 Public schools are still in session
- June 28 – July 2 <- currently preferred date
- July 5 – 9
- July 19-23
- August 2 – 6
If you’re interested in participating in the workshop, please complete our workshop interest form and indicate your preferred workshop dates.
The workshop is being sponsored by the Association for the Cooperative Advancement of Science and Education, a Saratoga Springs-based educational research organization.